Terms & Conditions
Moogerah Lake Houses All Properties Terms and Conditions of Hire
Standard Terms and Conditions of Temporary Holiday Accommodation
A 50% deposit of total tariff ($200 if total tariff is less than $400), which is fully transferable but non refundable, is required to secure the booking if booking is less than 7 nights. A 50% deposit is required upon booking if stay is 7 nights or longer.
Payment of the rental deposit constitutes the clients acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
Balance of the rental amount must be received in full 30 days for stays less than 7 nights or 60 days if stay is longer, prior to occupancy. If not the owner has the right to cancel the booking and attempt to re let it without refund.
There are no refunds given if cancellation is caused/requested by the client within 30 days of stay.
If you are unable to stay on the dates that you originally booked, your stay can be transferred to another date that is available. Only one transfer available per stay and must be requested within 14 days of your stay. Transfer is valid for 12 months from the initial date booked.
The owners will make every effort to ensure the property is available as booked, and as advertised. However the owners reserve the right to make alterations to bookings due to unforeseen circumstances.
To maintain a good standard for our guests we require certain conditions to be complied with.
To maintain a good standard for our guests we require certain conditions to be complied with. We appreciate most will respect our property but the occasional abuse requires that we state the following conditions:
1. Number of Guests should not exceed the number stated on the Confirmation Notice or subsequently agreed in writing or email
2. Tenant Loss - the owners take no responsibility for the tenant’s personal property.
3. Parties and Functions are only permitted when approved in writing by the owner. Use contrary to this will immediately result in loss and forfeiture of the whole of your bond. The price charged is for domestic use only and not commercial. Accordingly this rate does not allow for the extra wear associated with functions in terms of cleaning, garbage removal, wear and tear, repairs etc. Use contrary to this will immediately result in loss and forfeiture of the whole of your bond and/or additional payments.
4. Disturbance to our neighbours , including excessive noise, is prohibited and will result in immediate termination of rental and loss of bond. Regard must be made to the quiet enjoyment of surrounding properties.
6. No Smoking The property has a strict no smoking policy, if you wish to smoke please do so outside and away from open windows and doors. If you or your guest(s) do smoke inside, a fee to steam clean carpets, furniture, curtains, etc will be charged against your security deposit. This fee will be deducted from your Security Bond.
7. Pets are welcome but we request that you keep them outside and clean up after them. Pet cleaning charge if pets are found to have been inside will be taken from your bond.
8. Furniture, equipment and BBQ must not be moved from their original location during the term of the rental. No item is permitted to be taken from the property.
9. Damage, Breakages, Theft and Loss are the tenant’s responsibility during their stay. All costs associated with any damage, breakage, theft or loss will charged to the tenant. We request that all breakages, damage, theft and loss should be reported to us.
10. Linen, towels and soft furnishings must not be taken from the house.
11. Departure and Cleaning - the property is to be left in a similar state as its good condition on arrival. All items of furniture, equipment and BBQ must be left clean and placed in their original position. Kitchen including stove, oven, fridge, crockery and cutlery must be cleaned and tidy and returned to their original position. Linen must be left in their original location.
12. Check-out time is 10 am by the latest, to allow time to prepare property for next guests.
13. Bond of $500 is payable 7 days prior to your stay via a valid credit card. The bond will be refunded within 5 working days in full subject to the above conditions being met. It is designed to cover any additional costs incurred including but not limited to, any breakage, damage or excess cleaning requirements, extra guests beyond those declared ..etc. Claims by the owner for additional costs will not be limited to the amount of the bond.
14. Variations to these conditions may only be made by prior arrangements with the owner in writing.
By letting the property, the Tenant agrees to the terms specified above. The Tenant gives the Landlord/Agent its authority to claim its costs and fees against the Bond and Credit Card provided as agreed in these terms.